Smokin’ Jim’s House of Bar-B-Que, Auburndale Florida

 

P

We had a taste for really good bar-b-que and Smokin’ Jim’s House of Bar-B-Que in Auburndale Florida caught our eye when we searched on-line.  We were rewarded with a really great lunch.  

THE GOOD:  Service was so good and Sandy, our server, was above and beyond friendly. Actually she was more than our server. Sandy ran the front end of the restaurant making sure that we were greeted properly and had everything we needed. She was so proud of her purple hair color that we had to include a picture of her.    

I had the bar-b-que ribs accompanied by delicious green beans and a side of collard greens. I normally won’t go out of my way to eat collard greens but this is the south so it was worth a try. I was not disappointed by my choice.  My plate came with five very large smoked ribs that were juicy with just the right amount of smoky flavor. Not over powering and clearly delightful.  The homemade bar-b-que sauce was exceptional.  A nice bit of tartness and not overly sweet.  The amount of meat on my ribs was enough to fill me up and have enough to take two ribs home for a late night dinner.  Five stars all the way.  

My wife ordered the smoked turkey with the same sides, collard greens and green beans.  Her turkey breast was thick cut and also smoked to perfection.  Her portion size was large enough to bring half of it home.  She chose a house mustard bar-b-que sauce that was intriguing in a good way.  Also not over powering.  She was very happy with her selection. 

The cook staff treated me to a view of their super large outside smoker.  Clearly they take pride in their cooking and I was impressed by a large pile of chopped hardwood that they use in their smoker.  Before we left they made a point of asking us to return, which we surely will. 

COULD USE IMPROVEMENT: Nothing noted 

Date visited 3/30/2022

Recommendation: Highly recommend 

#smokinjimshouseofbarbque #barbqueribs #barbquesmoker #inwoodflorida #travelingfoodcritic

Comments